This reminds me of a quote that was credited to anonymous
"Linux is only free if your time is worthless."
It is so true; I mean how many games can you think of off the top of your head. I can name probably 15 without pausing ...some are gone, some are running.
Everquest for example; I was addicted to this game. I promised myself an account for finishing my MCSE and I never stopped playing it ..every waking moment was obessed with it.
Yet, I have tried to go back and play it and I just can't it hurts me to play it now. The fond memories I have are fond because of the people I played with not because fo the game itself. Even free I cannot handle it.
I am looking forward to what is ahead for MMO's ...it kills me because the cost of the game is no longer the issue (since everything is going free to play). It is all about YOUR time.
TIME = money
I enjoy entertainment; in fact, if you were to get to see my checking account I believe you would see about 60% goes toward enterainment. Dining, groceries, movies, video games, hardware all are entertainment to me. Yet the value is in the time spend.
Movies: 3 hours = $7.50
- I am (usually) entertained
- Great escapism
- Fun to attend as a group or watch solo
- Good food
- Great Company
- Satisfies a need (usually in abundance)
- I enjoying fixing a meal especially with my wife. The more elaborate the more I enjoy.
- I enjoy the eating part.
- I hate the clean up.
- Hardware (just upgraded everything about $500 total)
- Software (about $300 this year)
- I enjoy everything about it and I spend a minimum of 1 hour a day.