Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Quotable Wednesday version 4.0

"You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna get Medieval on your ass." - MARCELLUS WALLACE (Ving Rhames) in Pulp Fiction (1994)

Well hello patch day!

All I can say is WOW the forest city is beautiful ...polished in fact it looks ready for prime time. The only flaw I saw in the environment was snow in the cave. I am telling you last night after a pretty large patch this game is looking good.

I upgraded to Artemis IV for my missiles. This is an 1.2 million dollar upgrade that assures better accuracy of missles (by 35%) ...and I can honestly say I see the results. The missiles right now are very tightly packed and they look awesome streaking across the battlefield. Supposedly, Artemis requires line of sight to work and you must have one for each system (ie if I had lrm 5 and lrm 15 I would need 2 Artemis ...I run with 2xLRM 10s and once I made the purchase all of my missiles say LRM Ammo + Artemis IV and my arms both say LRM 10 + Artemis)

The heat issues still remains. In fact, I over-heated twice last night in 8 matches and the only solution was to power down and reignite. I have not bought into endosteel, double heat sinks or ferro-fiberous armor. I just dont have enough information or space at least as far as my catapult is concerned. I would love to hear from others what builds are working. It is hard to build a missile boat when you can't carry many missiles.

It was nice seeing a bunch of camo'd mechs and I know people are into customizing but it is getting a lot more attention than matchmaking, weapon balance, in game comm.

PGI are hiring new people so that is a good sign. The question is will it be fast enough. They have removed the in game tracker of people. I feel like that is a double edge sword ....are they hiding their numbers because in closed beta we saw a max of 3k people ..now that we are in open beta have the numbers not changed? I was hoping to see 10k but maybe it isnt hitting the numbers they were hoping ...can it survive as a game if they don't reach some marketing persons number?

No comments:

Post a Comment